Designer: Lee Creekmore
Estimated number of hulls: 8
Typical Displacement: 24,000 lbs
Usually Flush Deck
Typically has two spreader tapered mast in deck stepped Tabernacle. Often set up as a cutter rigged sloop.
Individual Boat DetailsEdit
Hull Number: 1
- Notes: Wedge cabin
Hull Number: 2
Location: Key Largo, FL
- Notes: First hull from mold, Flush Deck
Hull Construction: 1978
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
- Notes: Added 2 feet to stern, 168 PHRF rating in westfloridaphrf
Whale II Edit
Hull Number: 4
Hull Construction: 1980
Location: Beaufort, NC
Notes: Yanmar 4JH4, Flush Deck
Extended to 43'
Location: Seattle, WA?
- Notes: Flush Deck
Formerly Navis Bona, Pelican Pi
Hull Construction: 1981
Location: Key West, FL
- Notes: Volvo MD17C, Flush deck, In-mast furling
Location: Miami, FL
- Notes: Flush Deck,Fin Keel, Tall rig
- Highly customized off-shore racing version, co-designed and built by Tony Chapman. solid lead fin keel with 7'-4" draft and high-aspect rudder. 63 ft. tall triple-spreader Sparcraft/Isomat mast.
- Numerous racing victories including Columbus Day Regatta1st place ARC-1 Division, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale 1st Place, Miami-Lucaya Race 1st to finish & 1st Over-All, and Lycaya-Miami 1st Place.
- A second hull was also produced to this design by Creekmore & Chapman.
Swift Turtle Edit
Hull Construction: 1990
Location: Vashon Island, Washington
- Notes: Fin Keel, Added 2 feet to stern